Monday, August 17, 2009

A Tale of Two Worlds Part 3: Calling From the Other Side



I want to begin by prefacing this part of the story with the fact that Jeannie and her two daughters had never had any type of reading, nor had they been to a psychic -- let alone a medium, so they weren't exactly in their comfort zones. Even so, their anticipation was filled with innocence and openness.
Jeannie’s husband, the father of these two lovely young women and the two teens upstairs, quickly made his presence known to me. I could feel his strength, his warmth, and his determination immediately. He was eager to communicate with his wife and daughters, even though before his death, he never would have fathomed that such a thing could be possible.
John had built a successful community business that the entire family worked in together. He had established a foundation of security for his family that was founded on love and strong family values. I could feel these characteristics in him, and I could see them in the three amazing women that sat before me.
At this point, I felt like I had already been on quite a journey with the exploration and discovery of the identity of the little girl. The beauty of that occurrence was that it took everyone beyond fear and hesitation, and created a wide-open space for communication to take place. And did it ever.
John came in loud and clear. I felt like he was the professional and I was the observer. When I think about it, over the next few years it was always like that with him. He had a very commanding presence that was coupled with a loving strength that was so profound it filled the room with notable warmth. I was impressed. I thought about how they must miss him; if he was this present from the other side how amazingly present must he had been in real life. Over time I came to learn that he was a loving husband, amazing dad, great friend, and solid community member.
He started out his communication with me by showing me a little rowboat, with two young children playing in and around it. I asked if anyone had been on a boat recently with two children. Maryann told me that she had two children, and that they had been to the shore, but not in a boat. 
Jeannie smiled and looked at her and said, "You have that little boat in your front yard that you just painted last week". Maryann shared with me how she had been painting a little boat, planning to turn it into a planter, and it was in their front yard. The boat was only a few feet long, and when she was working on the boat the kids were playing in it and around it. Her dad was letting her know that he was there with them. 
The three of them looked at each other in amazement,
as Maryann’s eyes filled with tears. This was their first personal experience of connecting with John on the other side. And, as the night went on, he showed me and told them one thing after another to confirm that he was not only present with them now in that room, but he was with all the time and he knew everything that was going on in their lives.
He showed me his slippers under Jeannie’s side of the bed, and the book he loved that she was reading that was sitting on the nightstand. He told me things about the brother and sister that were upstairs, and gave Jeannie suggestions of what to do to help their son, who was having such a hard time since his death two years prior. 
He gave Barbara a lecture about her relationships choices, which made them all laugh, and then… he showed me what I thought was a gold pocket watch, although it was quite large. 
I asked, “Who has the gold pocket watch?” The immediate response was that there was no gold pocket watch. Well, it was really clear to me. It was what appeared to be a very large, very gold pocket watch. They looked at one another trying to figure out who had the watch, and they were very sure that there wasn’t one. I held my hands together in a circle, making a space about the size of a extra large grapefruit, and I said, “It’s like this big, and it’s gold.” They all started laughing. They knew exactly what it was, but it wasn’t a pocket watch, it was a gold record.
John had been in a popular band in the sixties, and the band had attained a few gold records. This one in particular was for one of my favorite songs actually, and they had it there at the house. At this point in time, all three of them were completely comfortable. They each had a new found peace about John’s departure, and they were grateful for that.
The conversation continued for over two hours that evening, which is a long time to have that kind of communication with one person who is on the other side. John confirmed himself again and again, and now there was no separation between this side and the other, and no doubt to be found – everyone was connected.
Things were still and quiet now, and I thought we were finished when John said to me, “I want to talk to Joey”. The clarity with which he said it was as if he were sitting next to me on the chair. I listened and I didn’t say anything. He repeated, “I want to talk to Joey”. 
So, I passed on the message. The three of them began to discuss where they might find Joey, who I learned was John’s good friend, and the was the drummer in the band. 
"Bring Joey to me", were the last words that I heard from John. I passed them on.
It would be six months before I would see the family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment