Monday, June 08, 2009

Life After Death - A Story of Love

In some cultures, it's a given that there is life after death. In the American culture, death has been overlooked, made "hush-hush", considered to be a bad thing. Ignorance is bliss perhaps, but life is just as much a mystery, if not more so, than death. The question, "Is there life after death?" was never a question for me, and once someone connects with someone from the other side, if it was a question prior to that moment, it ceases to be.

When I first began working after Spencer had died, one of my new clients came to me for healing work. He was lying on the table, and I was holding his head in my hands. I felt so much sadness in his heart, and just as I was about to ask him about that, I felt a woman standing next to me. She was about 5'9", blonde hair to her shoulders, thin, and had a very wry sense of humor. She was so present, and her personality was unmistakable. I described this woman to him and he literally burst into tears. "That's my Barbara, he said. She died last July."

Barbara began to share things about their life, showed me their house, etc., so that he would know it was her that was there, if he had any doubt. She then told him that she was fine, and she told him who she was with, and she shared with him things that she had attended with him from the other side. He was so comforted. They had been together since they were in their early twenties, and he was in his late sixties, so for him, it was a huge loss. A year later, I had the great honor of being with this man as he left his body to go join his Barbara. While he laid there in the bed, letting go of all the responsibilities that he thought he still had to take care of for other people,  Barbara stood right next to him. The doctors said that he had about six months left. I guess he decided to take an earlier flight, because he looked at me and smiled, and said, "Barbara is here", then closed his eyes and left his body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment