Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bittersweet Love

I just thought of an experience that I had a few years ago when I was in New York seeing clients, and I want to share it with you. 

I had seen two individuals earlier that morning, and I was about to take a little break before I would see two women who were coming together for a session. 

Someone in NJ schedules appointments for me, and she didn't know who these ladies were or where they came from, which was unusual. So, I had no idea why they were coming to see me, which is really the way I like it to be.

I went into the kitchen to have an apple and some tea, and as I was standing there cutting my apple, I felt the presence of a young man come close to me. He felt like he was about eighteen years old. Very sweet boy. He had a big dog with him. I didn't inquire -- I just stayed aware of his presence, and noticed what I was feeling.

There was a knock on the door. My two ladies were twenty minutes early, so I showed them into the living room and told them I would be there in a few minutes. I ate my apple and drank my tea, and did whatever else I needed to do before I was ready to do the session with them, and then, about ten minutes later I went into the room to join them. 

I asked them if they had come to connect with a young man who was around eighteen years old. One woman began to cry - the young man was her son, the other woman was her sister. I told them they he was there with us and that he was with a big dog. I also mentioned that he seemed to be making a big deal about being with the dog, and that I wasn't quite sure why that was. He was teasing his mom a little bit about the dog. "He always wanted a dog, and I would never let him have one", she said. That was a bittersweet moment for her. 

He got his dog when he went to the other side and he for sure wanted her to know that. 
For me it was a beautiful way of him letting her know that he was okay being there. 

"He also wanted you to know that the accident was an accident".  I of course had no idea what I was talking about, which is very often the case. The young man's energy suddenly became very serious as he began to show me pictures of him driving fast down a pitch dark road, and then a bright, blinding light coming into his eyes, and then his car crashing into a tree off the side of the road. He said that the accident was completely his fault.

They explained to me that he died in that car accident and that there was some question about how that actually happened because his friend's car was involved as well, and his friend was feeling responsible for the son's death. Her son assured his mom that it was not his friend's fault, and he asked her to please convey that to him, because he was suffering and having a very hard time. Mom promised that she would call his friend to tell him what had been shared with her. At this moment, there was a feeling of relief that filled the air; it was like the whole room sighed.

A lot of communication happened in that session. It was very healing for his mom and his aunt, and it answered their questions about the accident. By the end of our time together, the tears turned to laughter and sweet memories that they shared, and there was a feeling of peace and love that filled all of our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment